The SERTUC Conference was recently held at TUC Congress House. It’s purpose was to device a strategy to oppose further cuts to arts budgets and make the case for greater investment. Participants included Trade Unionists, visual and performance artists, academics, students and those who love art and culture. From this has sprung the Show Culture Some Love Campaign.
Show Culture Some Love Campaign
Music by Steve White and the Protest Family and Maddy Carty. With John Voce as Michael Grove MP
To ensure as many people as possible contact their local candidates for the coming General Election and get them to pledge support for the following Show Culture Some Love campaign goals:
- To protect and expand public funding for arts & culture
- To make sure public funding for arts & culture meets the condition of minimum standards of pay and employment
- To ensure transparency of any sponsorship in arts & culture and to promote ethical policies in cultural institutions
- To promote democratic accountability in publicly funded cultural bodies and investigate corporate interests present on governing bodies
- To ensure the funding and promote the role of art education in society, including free access to education
- To tackle inequalities of access to arts & culture and its funding and to develop a socially progressive arts policy
Find your local candidates here… then simply drop them an email about the campaign. The more emails that candidates receive, the more pressure is exerted upon them to support these demands.
Leave a Reply